In this Minecraft Lets Play series, kestalkayden goes through a survival series in minecraft with minimal mods for his audience. The only mods installed are Reis Minimap (because the belief is that this should be included into minecraft by default) and optifine (because his computer isn’t that great to begin with while recording and it helps).
This Minecraft Lets Play Series
The reason why Kestalkayden decided to do a minecraft lets play series around minimal mods is because a lot of his viewers asked for it; while they enjoy the modded gameplays, they would also like to see a classic unmodded gameplay series by him. This will hopefully fill the void of what people would appreciate and want in a Minecraft Lets Play series.
Kestalkayden plans to release 1 episode per day in this minecraft lets play series. He’ll be going through just like his original minecraft series but with a more polished presence and better microphone, this time around. Each episode will be around 10 – 14 minutes and he will get feedback and input from the audience, to find out what to do next.
Minecraft in General
For those that do not know what minecraft is (really?), it is an open block-based adventure game that thrusts the player into a cube-based world filled with resources and monsters; the game is developed by a company called Mojang and the game allows for many mods, and unique experiences.
With something called Redstone, you can create many unique and complicated pieces of machinery that add logic and creativeness to the game; this includes extreme examples as creating giant calculators, or even monster farms to help hasten your progress and loot.
Minecraft includes a crafting system which allows the user to create and upgrade many things. For example, to create a pickaxe, you need 2 sticks, and 3 pieces of wood,stone,iron,gold,diamond to create it in a crafting table which you also need to create.
Minecraft 1.5 Lets Play Series
As this game starts with minecraft 1.5, there are a lot of things which have been added to the game in this version that one should be aware of. Some of the Minecraft 1.5.0 changes include but are not limited to:
- Minecraft Realms – A hosted server software by Mojang to ‘simplify’ the process of servers. Meant for small groups, not full public servers.
- Lighting – Full engine optimization, support for more realistic lighting, better lighting interacting
- Texture Packs – New format, textures can be animated, special rules for lava, water, the compass, and clock, Vanilla textures used for texture files that are missing
- Built in support for HD Textures and fonts!
- Scoreboard System – good for pvp servers, map makers, or server administrators and includes future things like team mechanics.
- Effects command, so you can give yourself specific effects for a specific duration or remove the effects.
- Inventory Management – Double click items to fill up stack as much as possible. Drag item stacks along a quick bar to divide things up, many more improvements.
- Death Messages – New and more descriptive death messages have been included into the game for the ones that were somewhat vague.
- Renaming Things – you can rename spawn eggs. mobs spawned from renamed spawn eggs have a name of the egg. Those mobs can have their custom name as a nametag using an NTB tag.
The New items included in minecraft 1.5 include but are not limited to:
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecraft w/ Hopper
- Minecraft w/ SPawner entity
- Minecraft with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Trapped Chests
- Weighted Pressure Plates
- Nether Brick
- Nether Quartz
- Nether Quartz Ore
- Block of Quartz
- Quartz Slab
- Quartz Stairs
- Chiseled Quartz Block
I hope everyone enjoys my minecraft lets play series thats nearly all vanilla. Mostly everything I do will be on camera, so I hope everyone enjoys. I intend for this minecraft lets play to be one of my longer series’, so stay tuned for daily updates on it! If minecraft or other games are not your style, perhaps retro is your thing? If so, check out RetroKestal, a new channel I’ll be launching in the future where I play SNES games!